Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pot reduction time...

Well, after thinking for a while, I have decided to reduce some of the plants since they are either not growing well, not nice or died under my care. This is my plan to reduce the pots of plants that I have now but I think not much difference unless more can be done.

Here is a breakdown of the pots at 4 different locations as of 14 Mar 2007:
Corridor - 7
Outside main door - 2
Upstairs - 4
Downstairs - 3

I think I managed to reduce 1 from the list. For the record, I have taken out the following plants from my collection that I have not updated until now:

- Citrus sinensis
Both of them have been removed. One of them unable to recover from too much sunlight and the other not growing well so that is the end of them.

- Unknown purple plant
Removed since I have no use for them and they seems to grow too well until my puncia granatum not growing well. Too bad.

- Man Tian Xing
The small pot was removed since the plant just died. Found that the roots got bad and that is the main reason it died. No explanation for its cause of death.

- Puncia granatum
I have lost 2 of my 3 Puncia granatum as they somehow are not growing well and I have to let them go. Too bad...

- Unknown plant 1
This is suppose to reduce cholesterol but it tastes quite bad when taken raw and I'm put off by it. It has been taken care of since I have no use for it.

- Unknown plant 3
This can be found on the roadside and I have even found it on sale in GIANT supermarket. It is small and produce small purple flowers. I noticed that once it grows too much in size, some parts starts to die. I'm tired to trimming and let it died on its own.

- Chilli padi
I have removed all my chilli padi as I did not harvest them and most became dried chilli padi. I have gave them away to my neighbour. They also require too much water too since I have changed my watering habit.

From now on, any aloe vera plantlets that comes out from the aloe veras will be exterminated before they can grow. This is to prevent me from having to take care of them and too many of them and no one wants them. They also deprived the bigger aloe veras from the getting the fertilizers that I put weekly so unless there is any requests, I will strictly keep my aloe vera numbers to 8. There is one big aloe vera that does not grow fat stems compared to the rest. I'm considering getting rid of it but it is rather big now (mummy aloe vera).

There is also a pot which the plants are not growing well but able to survive and produce a purple flower bud when my mother-in-law showed it to me last Saturday. This pot may have to go since it needs to be watered everyday or the leaves will wrinkle. It is caused by the windy and dusty environment that I have here. Most of the time the surface soil will look dry after I water for a few hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home