Sunday, June 25, 2006

Major works today and aloe vera still available

Today did some major works on my plants, either repotting them, chaning soil, replanting or disposing some. Sorry but they have to go!... Cannot manage this without my mother-in-law (MIL)'s assistance, not to mention the pace that it was done. We did some of the work before lunch and continued the work after we had our lunch and bought more black soil.

Repotting works:
I have repotted the following plants.
- Mommy aloe vera
I have repotted the aloe vera into a IKEA pot that I have bought for it, finally. The pot was idling in my guest room for so long now, collecting dust on the way. : P We have removed the plantlets from her before we moved her to her new home. The soil that she was in had harden and that affects her growth. With the new black soil and bigger pot, should enhance her growth now. : )

- Man Tian Xing (S)
S means small. I have given this smaller one to my MIL. It would be kept with me until we can send it over to her house since it is rather heavy. It is not looking good either and my mother-in-law suggested we change the soil. The soil changed to black soil.

- Guanyin zhu (bamboo)
This plant has not been growing well in my pot and actually my MIL suggested I throw it away. I still want to keep it and she suggested that we changed the soil and reduce the plants there. Now I have 2 pots of this plant (on dear, more plants!). She mentioned that having too many in a pot reduces the growth of this plant. I also suspect lack of direct sunlight is another factor.

- Unknown plant
Have actually found this pot that someone threw away. I took it back and now use to house this unknown plant which is growing in my 2 pots now. However, the soil has harden and my MIL suggested to repot it and also changed the soil as well. We did just that. Hope they grow better now.

- Xue Liu (Puncia granatum)
Repotted 2 of the 3 Puncia granatum that I have into a bigger pot or change of soil. If they grows well, will remove the last one since I do not want to keep to many of this plant. I have no intention to give to anyone since it does not look nice.

- Arrow heads (don't know what name it is)
These are given to me by an uncle (in Desaru, Herbal Farm. Read about it in my another hobby blog) that he said can grow inside an aquarium. Not sure how true it is since they are grown on soil when he gave them to me. Decided to plant them in the soil first since I do not have much space in my tank at the moment and have no time to scape it yet. Will see if they can grow before I decide to use them in my tank. They were floating on the surface of my shallow tank before this. : P

Adding or changing soil works:
- Man Tian Xing (B)
B means big. This one was donated from my ex-neighbour. It was in a bad state and I have not spent much effort on it but heard it does have some medical properties. My MIL suggested that we change some of the soil and trim it so that it can speed up the growth of this plant. I agree with her and we proceed to change some of the soil.

- Granny aloe vera
With the help of my MIL, we have straightened this aloe vera with 2 sticks and also top up some black soil. MIL also removed the plantlet from her as well.

- Chilli padi plant
Top up soil for this pot since there was not enough soil. Now looks better now. The chilli padi plant also have some plants growing at the bottom. I think reduction of the chilli padi plants helps. My MIL suggested that I keep it as I was thinking of removing the chilli padi plant pot to make way for other plants.

Replanting works:
- Money plant
This pot of plant looks dead with some living money plants deep within. Since I have added the money plant from my shallow tank, there is too much money plant there in this small pot (considering the amount of money plant in there). Now my MIL has selectively chose some to be planted in this pot and waits for them to grow "tall" again. May take a few months.

Disposal of plants:
- Ju Zhi shu (Citrus sinensis)
Got to admit that I am unable to keep this plant well. Also affected with bugs makes it a chore to keep. I have decided to throw one away (still got another one outside my door, for now). Accidentally, it also made a cut on my MIL's hand when we are taking out from its pot. Hm... let your imagination run wild!

- Unknown purple plant
Was told by my MIL that it also has some medical properties. However, it did not grow well due to neglect so I have decided to remove it.

- Unknown plant
This plant's leaves is meant to reduce the cholestrol. However, I cannot stand the taste and never touch it ever since. Since I do not need it, I have decided to throw it away as well.

That is all for the major works that was done within a few hours today. Oh man this is hard work but the place looks ready better now. Lets see how the plants work out after this. Will post pictures of the plants when I have the time. I hope it won't be too long but I had to admit I have many other commitments that needs my attention.

I have posted a thread in Greenculture forum to ask for forumers to adopt my aloe veras (since I have quite a few before this major works. However, til now no one has come to collect them from me. Still have 1 medium and 2 plantlets available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home